Steps to Become a CASA (Court Appoint Special Advocate)
- Be 21 years of age or older.
- Attend a one-hour CASA orientation.
- Complete a Volunteer Application.
- Participate in a screening interview. Applicants will then be notified regarding acceptance into CASA training.
- Successfully complete a criminal background check and provide documentation of a safe driving record.
- Attend all training sessions and scheduled court tours.
- Participate in a final interview with a Case Supervisor. At that time, trainees will be notified if they have been accepted as a child advocate.
- Participate in the swearing-in ceremony conducted by the presiding juvenile court judge. Once sworn in, Advocates become officers of the court and mandated child abuse reporters.
- Meet with CASA Case Supervisor to receive case assignment and to schedule introduction to the child and other parties involved in the case.
- Begin regular meetings with assigned child and continuing education.
MAKE A DIFFERENCE IN THE LIFE OF A CHILD.
ORIENTATIONS ARE HELD AT THE CASA OFFICE
1146 N Chinowth, Visalia
Mondays at 5:30 pm
Thursdays at Noon
Please call 625-4007 for more information
Ready to Volunteer? Click Below: