How to Become a CASA
- Be 21 years of age or older
- Attend a one-hour CASA orientation
- Complete a Volunteer Application
- Participate in a screening interview with CASA staff
- Successfully complete a criminal background check and provide documentation of a safe driving record
- Attend all training sessions and scheduled court tours
- Participate in a final interview with a Case Coordinator
- Participate in a swearing-in ceremony conducted by the presiding Tulare County Juvenile Court Judge, where you become an officer of the court and mandated child abuse reporter.
- Meet with your CASA Case Coordinator to receive your case assignment and to schedule an introduction to the child and other parties involved in the case
- Begin regular meeting with your CASA child
- Serve as a fact-finder for the Juvenile Court judge by thoroughly researching the background of the assigned case
- Speak on behalf of the child in the courtroom, representing his or her best interests
- Attend monthly Continuing Education training
- Become the person that makes all the difference to a child
VOLUNTEER ORIENTATION INFORMATION
CASA of Tulare County has two locations -- our headquarters in Visalia and a satellite office in Porterville.
Oreintations take place in Visalia every Monday at 5:30PM and every Thursday at 12:00PM; excluding holidays. Oreintations in Porterville are scheduled on an individual basis; please call 625-4007 for more information.
Ready to Volunteer?