CASA of Tulare County exists to promote and protect the best interest of children who have been abused or neglected, by training volunteers to advocate for them in courts, in schools and in our community to help them find safe, permanent and loving homes.
For every child who needs us, CASA of Tulare County envisions a trained volunteer advocate, a safe home and a promising future.
In working to achieve our vision, we act on the following core values:
- Excellence in all our endeavors
- Inclusiveness, diversity, respect for all cultures and ethnicities: for children, families, volunteers, staff, Board, and supporters
- Empowering the community through strong screening, training, supervision and support of volunteers
- Honorable and respectful involvement in the child welfare system, with the courts and all parties
- Independent and educated recommendations, true to our understanding of each child’s best interest, that prioritize children’s safety and, wherever possible, preserve connections to their families
- Responsible use of resources to maximize our positive impact on the child welfare system
It is CASA’s duty to promote the safety and well-being of the children we serve. We will protect children from abuse and from practices that are emotionally and physically damaging, disrespectful, degrading, dangerous, exploitive or intimidating.